Denver to Host Lacrosse Media Day
Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, from 12:30-1 p.m.
Champions Room on the concourse level of Magness Arena
Parking: FREE - Access Lot 401 off University and Jewell - use code 5291*
Enter: Media entry at back loading dock of Magness Arena
RSVP: Please RSVP to Nicole Bostel (Nicole.email@example.com or 303-871-4990) if you are interested in attending
Online: The press conference will be streamed live for FREE on Pioneer Vision at www.DenverPioneers.com. Media members can submit their questions in advance via the questionnaire below or they can submit questions live to the DU media relations staff through Twitter using the hashtag #DULaxMediaDay. Instructions are below.
Media Day Notes:
- University of Denver women's lacrosse head coach Liza Kelly and men's lacrosse head coach Bill Tierney will be available to answer questions from the media on Tuesday, Feb. 5 beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Local media are invited to attend the press conference, located in the Champions Room in Magness Arena.
- Coach Kelly will open the press conference at 12:30 p.m., followed by coach Tierney at 12:45 p.m.
- Members of the media and fans can submit questions in advance through the following link: http://www.denverpioneers.com//quest/Questionaire.dbml?QID=97113&DB_OEM_ID=18600
- The Webcast of the press conference is free through www.DenverPioneers.com.
- Media members can also participate on Twitter. Questions submitted on Twitter for coach Kelly should be submitted to @DU_WLAX and questions submitted for coach Tierney should be submitted to @DU_MLAX. The hashtag #DULaxMediaDay can also be used.
Women's Lacrosse Storylines:
- Picked third in the Preseason MPSF Coaches' Poll
- Return 19 letterwinners, including 10 starters from last year's team that finished 12-3 overall and 6-1 in the MPSF.
- Among the returners are redshirt senior Kara Secora (Denver, Colo.), sophomore Jill Remenapp (Woodbine, Md.) and junior Jenn Etzel (Bel Air, Md.), the top three scorers from last year's squad, as well as senior defender Kate Henrich (Lansdale, Pa.) who led the nation in caused turnovers.
- Secora and Henrich were selected to the 2012 All-MPSF First Team, while fellow returners Cailie Murphy (Towson, Md.) and Jessica Gring (Baltimore, Md.). Remenapp earned MPSF Co-Newcomer of the Year.
- The 2012 Pioneers led the nation in caused turnovers (12.6 per game), while ranking seventh in win percentage (0.8), 10th in scoring offense (13.93 goals per game) and 11th in scoring margin (4.2).
- Denver begins its season on the road at Vanderbilt on Feb. 16. Denver's home opener features Louisville on March 2.
Men's Lacrosse Storylines:
- The Pioneers enter the season ranked No. 8/9 in the preseason Nike/Inside Lacrosse Media Poll and USILA Coaches Poll, respectively.
- Coach Bill Tierney's team returns a very promising roster after losing Mark Matthews and Alex Demopoulos. Featured on this year's team is midfielder Jeremy Noble (Orangeville, Ontario) and midfielder-turned attacker, Wes Berg (Coquitlam, British Columbia). Noble will headline what many rival coaches say is "the best midfield in the country."
- Gordie Koerber (Baltimore, Md.) and Tom Moore (West Islip, N.Y.) will be two freshmen looking to replace the void left by the Pioneers' 2012 seniors.
- The Pioneers will begin their regular season at Duke on February 9, at 10 a.m. MT.
Visit DenverPioneers.com for complete coverage of all 17 of DU's NCAA Division I sports.
- EXPERIENCE DENVER ATHLETICS -
Like Denver Pioneers, Denver Women's Lacrosse and DU Men's Lacrosse on Facebook
Follow @DU_Pioneers, DU_WLAX and @DU_MLAX on Twitter