May 3, 2015
INDIANAPOLIS -- The [4/3] University of Denver men's lacrosse program will host Brown (12-4) at Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium in the NCAA Tournament First Round on Sunday at 1 p.m. MT on ESPNU, the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Selection Committee announced on Sunday night.
Denver (13-2) earned the No. 4 seed in the draw and the winner of the first-round game at Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium will take on the winner of No. 5 seed Duke and Ohio State in the NCAA Quarterfinals at Sports Authority Field on May 16.
Denver and Brown have split their four previous meetings, last splitting a home and home in the 2008 and 2009 seasons. The Pioneers have won the previous two meetings in Denver. Head coach Bill Tierney is 18-5 all-time against Brown.
This is the third-straight year that the Pioneers have hosted the NCAA Men's Lacrosse First Round and the fourth time in program history.
The Pioneers won their second-consecutive BIG EAST Tournament title on Saturday, defeating No. 2 seed Georgetown 16-8 last night at Villanova Stadium.
Join the NCAA lacrosse twitter conversation: #NCAALAX.
The top eight seeds in the draw host NCAA First Round games on May 9 and 10, with all the games being broadcast on the ESPN family of networks. Denver's Sports Authority Field at Mile High will host two of the four 2015 NCAA Quarterfinals on May 16. Faceoff times for the two quarterfinals are set for 1 and 3:30 p.m. MT. Championship Weekend in 2015 will return to Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field May 23-25.
Tickets are on sale now for the 2015 NCAA Quarterfinals at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Fans can purchase tickets for the quarterfinal games at the link here.
NCAA FIRST ROUND TICKET INFORMATION:
NCAA FIRST ROUND TICKET INFORMATION:
- Current season ticket holders and/or Pioneer Movement Annual Fund donors at the $110 level or greater, have the opportunity to purchase ticketsbetween Monday, May 4th at 9 a.m. MT and Tuesday, May 5th at 4 p.m. To purchase NCAA Lacrosse First Round tickets, please call the DU Season Ticket Holder Hotline at 303-871-4625 between these hours or visit the Ritchie Center Box Office. Tickets will be $15 and you may purchase up to six (6) tickets as a season ticket holder or donor.
- If you are not a lacrosse season ticket holder or a Pioneer Movement Annual Fund Donor, and you would like to purchase tickets to this game during the priority access presale, please call 303-871-4625 to make your donation to the Pioneer Movement Annual Fund. Tickets will be $15 and you may purchase up to six (6) tickets as a donor.
- All remaining tickets will go on-sale to the general public on Thursday, May 7 at 10 a.m. at denverpioneers.com/tickets
- Denver is making its sixth-straight NCAA Tournament appearance; eighth in program history. Last season, Denver advanced to its third Championship Weekend in the last four seasons.
- In his 31st season, Tierney has compiled six NCAA Championships, eight NCAA Championship final appearances, 13 NCAA Semifinal appearances and 20 quarterfinal appearances. Coach Tierney is also 10-3 in NCAA First Round games.
- Denver is 7-7 in the NCAA Tournament, including 3-0 in NCAA games in Denver.
- The Pioneers are 73-14 at home since Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium was built in 2005, including 42-5 under sixth-year head man Bill Tierney.
- DU has the longest active home-winning streak in the nation at 15 games.
- Denver has produced 22 sellouts at Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium, including nine in the last two seasons.
- The Crimson and Gold set a new Peter Barton attendance record on March 28, as 3,117 witnessed Denver defeat Georgetown.
- JOIN THE DENVER PIONEER NATION --
Visit DenverPioneers.com for complete coverage of all 17 of DU's NCAA Division I sports.
Like Denver Pioneersand DU Men's Lacrosseon Facebook |Follow @DU_Pioneers and @DU_MLAX on Twitter